Adhikari Law PLLC is a technology-driven state-of-art boutique law firm serving clients across the United States and internationally too. Our philosophy is that we will go extra mile to ensure that our clients get the best delivery of the legal services comparable to the top-notch legal professionals.
Our vision is to ultimately improve the legal services industry and the methods of delivery of legal services so that we as the legal professionals excel in what we do best and also draw upon others from their areas of excellence.
Today is the age of collaboration and the sharing of knowledge and the resources. So we believe each us should attempt to make the optimum use of limited human and material resources.
We believe that our adoption of technologies with the combination of advanced legal skills will put us at a better position in delivering quality legal services for our clients.
While legal profession is going through rapid changes as to how the legal works are conducted or how the services are delivered and we yet believe that our role as legal professionals will continue to grow as we rely more and more on rule of law and the trust it provides from a predictable legal regime. Our firm was founded with the fundamental belief that the legal professionals will have to deliver a quality legal services by evolving and adapting as societal relationships change. Therefore, our major thrust is how we improve our delivery of legal services and how we adapt as our clients grow their businesses and as they evolve from the forces of new economies and changes in regulatory environment.
Our founder saw the need for the legal solutions which continuously innovates and adapts. We believe that the emerging legal and regulatory regime could be win-win for regulatory agencies as well as stakeholders if we all pursue the same goals and objectives as set out in the law and the policies adopted through a democratic process. With this approach, we hope that all the stakeholders will strive for the legal predictability which can provide a foundation for the sustainable growth and foster innovation for the betterment of all.
Our attorneys utilize applicable legal tools and strategies and also advise our clients as to how they can evolve and adapt in light of emerging trends and proposed regulatory policies. We always strives to be the real problem-solver for our clients.
Meet the Team
Adhikari Law has an accomplished team of legal professionals who have excelled in serving clients with the highest level of professionalism and diligence. Our professionals have an extensive professional experience as well as academic backgrounds. The legal team is led by firm's Managing Attorney, Mr. Niranjan "Nir" Adhikari.
Niranjan “Nir” Adhikari
Managing Attorney *
Tel: 202-600-7742 (office), 888-820-4430 (toll free), 510 394 2939 (Text/V-mail) | Fax: (+1) 202-792-6243 | e-mail: email@example.com
(*Admitted only in New York, and practice is limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies)
Nir represents businesses as well as individuals on all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality laws, and foreign investment and international business transaction matters. He handles business immigration as well as family-based immigration, special immigration programs, citizenship, and all the visa programs. He has served multinational corporations, foreign corporations seeking business expansion to the U.S., domestic corporations, individual investors, entrepreneurs, and U.S. citizens and permanent residents in sponsoring their family members.
He also advises foreign and multinational companies on the immigration law matters in global mobility, in M&A, and in bankruptcy. He provides legal guide to start-ups and venture funds; handles matters of JOBS Act, SEC filing, Trademarks and Copyright, Intellectual Property Transactions, Int’l Biz Transactions, Int’l Trade (including export-control) for small business.
Mr. Adhikari has more than nine year of U.S. legal experience which involved immigration law, immigration compliance, anti-trust (competition) law, M&A, int’l law, government contracts, and business transactions. For the last four year he has advised companies and individuals on U.S. immigration law and immigration compliance, government audits and investigations for immigration compliance, and handled large number of complex as well as general immigration law and compliance related matters for corporate as well as individual clients.
Nir is admitted to New York State Bar, and he is also a member of American Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, and American Immigration Lawyers Association. He received his Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, CA, USA where he extensively studied corporate law and corporate finance, M&A in technology industry, international trade law and international law.
Selected Representative Matters and Highlights
- Practicing law in U.S. for over nine (9) years, and have been practicing U.S. immigration law for over seven (7) years and have handed complex cases for large (incl. publicly traded) companies, IT consulting and staffing companies, medium and small enterprises; and prior to that was involved in anti-trust law and government contracts.
- Has been appointed by a State as their outside lawyer to handle their their immigration law cases and compliance matters.
- Has been retained by major research university to be their outside lawyer to handle their their immigration law cases for professors, scientists, researchers and professionals and for immigration compliance matters.
- Advised large variety of clients on complex immigration and its compliance.
- Single-handedly managed and handled large immigration law portfolio with strict and intersecting deadlines with high volumes.
- Successfully defended corporations on Department of Labor, Department of State and Department of Homeland Security’s audits and site-inspections including leading a compliance advisory team for a major corporation.
- Saved substantially large sum of monies to clients using a unique immigration strategy and little knowledge legal provisions.
- Delivered major pro bono services to local organizations and individuals.
Speaking Engagements and Trade Delegations
- Part of the U.S. trade delegation to the Trade Winds Conference and Trade Mission in New Delhi, India, May 2019. U.S. trade delegation was led by U.S. Secretary of Commerce.
- International delegate from the U.S. at DAXPO BUSAN 2019 (Digital Asset Exchange Expo is the world's first event that caters major cryptocurrency exchanges and companies in the cryptocurrency industry), Busan, South Korea.
- U.S. legal professional delegate to the Invest in the USA's roadshows in Seoul (South Korea), Taipei, (Taiwan) and Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), 2019. It is a premier business development and educational event connecting investors and investment professionals.
- Speaker, Cross Border Immigration Analysis: Trump vs. Trudeau, a Zero-Sum Game?, 16th Annual
Conference of South Asian Bar Association- North America, Atlanta, GA, June 21, 2019.
- Moderator, CHARLIE CHAT: Deciphering the Visa Bulletin and at the annual Immigration Law Conference of Federal Bar Association (FBA, www.fedbar.org, http://www.fedbar.org/Image-Library/Events/2018-Immigration-Law-Conference/ImmLaw18-Onsite-Program.aspx), May 18-19, 2018, Memphis, TN.
- Moderator, IMMIGRANT VISA PROCESSING AND WAIVERS: Unlawful Presence, Applicability of Bars to Admissibility, I-601A Waivers, Effect of Minority and Voluntary Departure, etc. at the annual Immigration Law Conference of Federal Bar Association (FBA, www.fedbar.org, http://www.fedbar.org/Image-Library/Events/2018-Immigration-Law-Conference/ImmLaw18-Onsite-Program.aspx), May 18-19, 2018, Memphis, TN.
- Speaker alongside government officials from Customs and Border Protection (CBP), FBI, Department of Justice (DOJ), U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Know Your Rights/Immigration Clinic, Gurudwara, Virginia, May 6, 2018.
- Speaker, Visa and Immigration Planning for Student, Scholars, Faculty and Staff members including Visa Programs for Private Sector Employment, Start-ups and Self-Petition, May 10th, 2017, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA.
- Master in Laws (LL.M.) University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal.
- Directed Studies and the Summer Course on Private International Law, Hague Academy of International Law, The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Summer Program on International Law, Xiamen (Asia) Academy of International Law, China.
- Communicating Freedom Workshop, Mumbai, Centre for Civil Society, India.
- Human Rights Summer School, Empowerment through Law of the Common People, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Membership in Professional Associations
- American Bar Association
- Section of International Law
- Immigration and Nationality Law Committee, and member of its Steering Committee
- India Committee
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Co-Chair of Citizenship Day Committee, AILA DC (pro bono)
- Federal Bar Association
- Immigration Law Section
- District of Columbia Chapter
- Intellectual Property and Communications Law Section
- International Law Section
- Securities Law Section
- New York State Bar Association
- Corporate Law Section
- International Law Section
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA)
- Former Chair of the Immigration Law Committee, SABA-DC
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association-District of Columbia (DC)
Public Interest and Pro Bono Activities
- Board member, MITEF Washington DC & Baltimore
- General member, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Secretary of the Executive Board of the Durga Temple, Fairfax Station, Virginia.
- Provided extensive pro bono legal services to community members through temple, church, gurudwara and other nonprofits.
- Volunteer for DC Bar for it’s pro bono programs, and member of the Citizenship Day Committee of AILA-DC Chapter (ongoing).
- Volunteer Judge for the International Rounds of Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Washington, DC since 2010- present.
Nepalese (native); native level level fluency in English and Hindi; conversant in Bhojpuri and Urdu; and beginner in French and Sanskrit.
See Profile of Niranjan Adhikari to learn more about Niranjan's detail background
Request an appointment with Nir at https://appointment.one/adhikarilaw/contact
Serena Yang Li
Attorney at Law
Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742 (office), 888-820-4430 (toll free) | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serena is an attorney at Adhikari Law and handles the matters of employment-based immigration and work visa, complex immigration administrative motions and appeals, and cross-border business transactions. At the firm, she also oversees the research and knowledge management of the firm. She has represented technology companies, universities, manufacturers, research institutes, scientists, professionals and foreign nationals, and has represented clients in life sciences, consulting, pharmaceuticals, retails, hospitality, transportation, energy, education, financial services and non-profits sectors.
Serena is an attorney licensed in both the U.S. and China. She represents business entities as well as individuals on all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality laws. Serena advises multinational corporations seeking business expansion to both the U.S. and China. Prior to joining Adhikari Law, Serena was an attorney for a large international firm practicing immigration law and global mobility.
Prior to practicing immigration laws, Serena was a law clerk for the Illinois Sixth Judicial Circuit Court. Serena was also an attorney for a large international firm representing multinational corporations on international trademark and copyright infringement matters.
Serena is admitted to District of Columbia bar. She graduated magna cum laude from the 3-year J.D. program in 2.5 years from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She received her J.D. in China from Peking University.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia Bar
- The Chinese National Bar (国家司法考试)
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Magna Cum Laude, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois.
- Juris Doctor (China equivalent), Peking University, Beijing, China.
- Cornell University, Law School, and School of Industrial and Labor Relations (Peking University exchange program).
Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742 (office), 888-820-4430 (toll free)
Legal Analyst / Legal Consultant
Sanjay assists the attorneys in the matters of U.S. immigration and visa programs, investor visa program and international business transactions.
Before joining Adhikari Law, Sanjay worked at law firms in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Sanjay holds the degree of Master in Laws (LL.M.) from American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, DC and also a degree of Master of Science (M.S.) in Tourism, Development and Policy from University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom.
He obtained degree of Bachelor of Laws (J.D. Equivalent), Honors, from University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom.
Sanjay is fluent in English, French, Hindi and proficient in Spanish.
Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742 (office), (+1) 888-820-4430 (toll free)
e-mail: sanjay at the rate adhikarilaw dot com
Sahil Marya assists attorneys in matters of U.S. immigration and visa programs, investor visa program, work visa, intra-company transfer, employment-based immigration (EB-1(A)(B)/(C), PERM based EB-2 and EB-3, EB-2 NIW), adjustment of status applications, corporate governance, and business formation for startups.
Before joining Adhikari Law, Sahil volunteered at a nonprofit in Chicago, IL. He is currently a 3rd year law student of a Juris Doctor (J.D.) program at Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago where he is also pursuing Business Certificate Program. At the law school, he co-leads the Cyber Security & Data Privacy Society and ACLU, and was an editor for the Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property.
Before law school, Sahil was a technology analyst and functional lead at major government contractors which provide IT services to the federal government. He previously interned at Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore.
Sahil obtained his Bachelor of Science in Business Information Technology from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA.
Sahil is fluent in English, and Hindi, and proficient in Spanish.
Tel: (+1) 202 600 7742 / 888-820-4430 (office)
e-mail: sahil at adhikarilaw dot com
Sufei assists the attorneys in the matters of U.S. immigration and visa programs, investor visa program, reviews professional contributions and accomplishments of computer and research scientists in securing various visa programs, and researches and drafts legal memorandum on foreign investment and international business transactions.
Before joining Adhikari Law, Sufei worked at a legal services providers in D.C. and at major law firm and a trial court in Beijing.
Sufei holds the degree of Master in Laws (LL.M.) from Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC with a certificate in International Trade Studies, and she also holds a degree of Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of English from Beijing International Studies University, Beijing, China.
Tel: Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742 (office), (+1) 888-820-4430 (toll free)
e-mail: sufei at the rate adhikarilaw dot com
Priyank assists the attorneys in the matters of U.S. immigration and visa programs, investor visa program and international business transactions.
Before joining Adhikari Law, Priyanka worked at a major non-profit as a Legal Officer.
Priyanka holds the degree of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal and has received extensive national and international training in South Korea, Thailand and Sri Lanka.
During law school, she represented her law school at international moot court competitions namely Henry Dunant Memorial Regional Moot Court Competition in New Delhi, India and Red Cross International Humanitarian Law Moot in Hong Kong, SAR- China. She is certified by Nepal Bar Council to practice law in Nepal.
Priyanka has authored a number of research publications. She has interested in photography, blogging, poetry, and literary writing
Tel: Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742 (office), (+1) 888-820-4430 (toll free)
e-mail: priyanka at the rate adhikarilaw dot com
Consultants, Law Clerks, and Paralegals
Adhikari Law has in-house Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals who provide secretarial support in timely delivery of services to our corporate and individual clients. This allows our attorneys to focus our time on core legal services and have Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals do the secretarial, preparatory and paralegal works to assist our attorneys. All of our Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals have Bachelor's and Master's degrees and have prior experience working at law firms.
Tel: (+1) 202 600 7742 (office)/ 888-820-4430 (toll free)
Give us a call or email us today to schedule a Legal Consultation
Please feel free to contact us if you will have any questions or will be in need of legal services or you generally like to discuss some of the legal matters.