April 14, 2020. Adhikari Law PLLC hosted a free webinar on the topic of COVID-19 Reliefs for Int’l Students, H-1B, L1 and other Work Visa, and Maintenance of Status and other legal updates. Video playback and presentation below
Agendas for the webinar were the following:
- Guidance on Maintenance of Status
- OPT unemployment, Change of Status, grace period, delayed travel
- Covid-19 Reliefs for Intl students from government, universities and their employers
- SEVP, USCIS, State, Universities, paid family leave, paid sick leave, Unemployment Insurance, government relief check, paid or unpaid leave, paid medical or family leave, furlough or standby
- Unemployed “through no fault of their own”; must have enough wages earned or hours worked in their “base period” to establish a claim; third, must be “able and available” to work.
- Updates on H-1B processes, USCIS and Consulates’ case processing
Field offices closed, still accepting cases, probable delays, major consulates closed
- Visa options in lieu of H-1B (OPT/CPT, F-1 Extreme hardship, L-1, O-1, GC (EB-2 NIW, EB-1, EB-2), TN, E-3, E-1/E-2, B-1, H4 EAD, visa for those in medical or related field).
- Impacts to other nonimmigrants Status B1/B2, ESTA.
To learn more about these and other topics please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 202-600-7742. You can also schedule a consultation with attorneys at https://adhikarilaw.com/schedule-a-consultation/